Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning targets.
Unpacking the Standard: W.K.8
Student Friendly Learning Target: W.K.8
Visual Representation of Learning Target: W.K.8
- information sources
- personal experience
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
QUESTION TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Kindergarten students are strengthening the ability to describe familiar people and objects.
- They are also developing the ability to describe past experiences, both orally and in writing.
- Building on those abilities, kindergarten students can begin to connect life experiences to picture books and other provided texts.
- They can also begin to learn how to review a broader range of texts, and then use the information to answer specific questions.
- Why is it important that students try to connect new infomraitn to what they already know from past experience?
- What questions can I ask students to help them recall past experiences?
- In what ways can I show students how to find specific information in a provided text?
Go to W.1.8
to see the progression of related skills.