Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning targets.
Unpacking the Standard: W.K.5
Student Friendly Learning Target: W.K.5
Visual Representation of Learning Target: W.K.5
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
- In building a foundation for writing, kindergarteners need to learn the important role that revision plays in strengthening writing.
- Kindergarten students will learn to use feedback to strengthen their writing, a skill which can apply across content areas.
- Before providing feedback, students will need to learn to look at writing in a reflective way for the purpose of improvement.
- Kindergarten writers begin to learn that adding details can enrich and strengthen writing
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
• What activities can be used to teach kindergarten writers how to “brainstorm” ideas for their writing piece?
• What opportunities can I provide to students where they can begin to reflect and provide feedback on a piece of writing?
• What strategies can be used to carefully guide students to share and provide feedback to their peers in a non-threatening way?
• In what ways can kindergarten students gain the skills of using details to enrich and improve their writing?
Go to W.1.5
to see the progression of related skills.