Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning targets.
Unpacking the Standard: W.K.2
Student Friendly Learning Target: W.K.2
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
- concluding statement
- linking words and phrases
- explanatory text
- supportive details
- informative text
- Construct graphic organizers to establish key details from science or
other informative texts. Then use a similar graphic organizer to use a
planning tool for the students' own composition of an informative text.
- Introduce additional texts and other sources of information to build on lists of facts and details.
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Incorporate simple numbers as examples of additional details or facts.
- How can I get my young writers to add details to their writing or illustrations?
- How can I demonstrate forming conclusions or summarizing?
- What supporting tools can I use to help my students organize their thoughts and writing?
Go to W.1.2 to see the progression of related skills.