UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Kindergarten children naturally and frequently express their opinions on many topics. Encourage their oral language by asking students to tell “why” and support their opinions with details.
- Show-and-tell can be a valuable time for students to orally rehearse their opinions and support them with details.
- Model examples of opinion and persuasive writing through the use of mentor texts. Some examples are: Hey Little Ant by Phillip Hoose, Earrings by Judith Viorst, and I Wanna Iguana by Karen Orloff.
- Do my students understand the difference between fact and opinion?
- How do I teach my students to express his/her opinion?
Go to W.1.1
to see the progression of related skills.