Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning targets.
Unpacking the Standard: SL.K.6
Student Friendly Learning Target:SL.K.6
Visual Representation of Learning Target: SL.K.6
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- The ability to express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly supports speaking, listening, and writing across grade levels and content areas.
- Students must be able to express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly when seeking clarification or additional information.
- Question answering and question generation at all grade levels and in all content areas depend on the student’s ability to express ideas clearly.
- Students who do not speak audibly are often misunderstood or are not listened to and may not receive clarification and/or additional information necessary for grade appropriate learning.
- What strategies and procedures can teachers use to help students express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly?
- How important is speaking in “whole” sentences to students being able to express thoughts, feelings, and ideas?
- What strategies and materials can teachers use to teach (and remind) students to speak audibly?
Go to SL.1.6
to see the progression of related skills.