UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- This standard integrates the visual arts with English language arts.
- Adding drawings or visual displays helps students attend to the key details of their descriptions.
- Young learners begin to realize how visuals support their comprehension of narrative and informational text.
- Students can utilize visuals to express their ideas and organize oral presentations across all content areas.
- This standard is a pre-cursor to using more sophisticated multimedia components to enhance the audience’s understanding of a presentation.
- How do pictures and images add information to words written about people, things, places, and events?
Go to SL.1.5
to see the progression of related skills.