- topic connections
- details gathering information
- key events
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
- Some types of text are used to convey information.
- When someone reads a piece of text it often generates questions.
- Every piece of text contains a major topic of focus and details surrounding that topic.
- Some details are more important than others.
- Pieces of text include connections among people, events, and ideas.
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- How do you determine the key events of a story?
- How do you identify the main characters in a story?
- What information tells you about the setting of a story?
- What are the differences among the beginning, middle, and end of a story?
Go to RI.1.1
to see the progression of related skills.