- notes / note-taking
- print source
- digital source
- research categories
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
QUESTION TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Third grade students will continue to strengthen their ability to recall detail from past experiences.
- The students will need to learn how to choose digital resources that are of high quality and reliability.
- The students will also need to learn how to gather specific types of information from both print and digital resources.
- Regular practice taking notes from print and digital resources will strenghten the students' abilities to identify key information in a text.
- How can I teach students to discriminate among online resources, to find those that are of high quality and reliability?
- What strategies can I use to help students strengthen their ability to take notes from print and digital resources?
- What tools (such as graphic organizers) can I provide that will help students gather and organize information?
- How can I guide students in making connections between personal experiences and information that is provided to them from print or digital resources?
Go to W.2.8
to see skills mastered prior to this.