INTEGRATION IDEAS what's this
- research project
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Skills needed to conduct a research report (such as search skills, comprehension and recall of what is read, analysis and synthesis of information, ability to determine main idea and supporting details, and compiling and organizing information) support similar learning expectations across grade levels and content areas.
- Conducting a research project on a particular topic using several sources or recording observations in science (or in other content areas) develops both literacy and scientific inquiry skills.
- Participation in short research projects helps build a foundation for the development of more complex and rigorous research and writing projects that may be required throughout a student’s school years and across curriculum areas.
- What research and writing skills are appropriate for third graders?
- What skills are involved in completing a research project that leads to better understanding of a topic?
Go to W.2.7 to see skills mastered prior to this.