INTEGRATION IDEAS what's this
- main idea
- key details
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Key details about a topic can be discovered by asking who, what, where, when, why, and how.
- Pieces of text are often separated into parts called paragraphs.
- In many cases, several paragraphs are associated with a single topic.
- Every paragraph revolves around a particular point or idea.
- Separate events, ideas, and procedures are organized to help a reader make sense of them.
- What does “the main idea” mean?
- What clues can help a student identify the main idea?
- Are there certain places in the text where a student is most likely to find these clues?
Go to RI.2.2 to see skills mastered prior to this.