Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning targets.
Unpacking the Standard: W.2.6
Student Friendly Learning Target: W.2.6
Visual Representation of Learning Target: W.2.6
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
- Digital tools
• By second grade, students will be very skilled at using the computer to engage with digital media. Familiarity with the meaning of software, memory, and hard drive is also helpful for continuing understanding of electronic media.
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
• Students will explore using digital tools to produce and publish writing in (gradually) increasingly complex ways, both independently and in collaboration with their peers.
• How can I provide support to students as they develop a wider understanding of computers and their uses in an academic setting?
• What strategies can be used for guiding students to collaboratively produce and publish their writing in increasingly complex ways?
• What additional opportunities can be provided for students to share their digitally produced and published writing?
Go to W.1.6 to see skills mastered prior to this.
Go to W.3.6 to see the progression of related skills.