Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning targets.
Unpacking the Standard: SL.2.5
Student Friendly Learning Target: SL.2.5
Visual Representation of Learning Target: SL.2.5
INTEGRATION IDEAS what's this
- Audio Recording
- Digital Media
- Visual Display
- Voice Recorder
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Listening skills enable students to acquire insights and information and to achieve success in communicating with others.
- Students should begin to understand the interrelatedness of reading, writing, speaking and listening. With literature, for example, students can read the text, write or draw about it and participate in discussions about it. Vocabulary, specific to the topic, should be introduced to foster a richer vocabulary for everyday use.
- Students can create recordings of stories or poems using digital media with teacher guidance..
- Do students use speaking and listening skills to present ideas in a productive manner?
- Do students use visual displays to clarify ideas in stories and enhance the understanding of presentations?
- Can students make strategic use of digital media to express information?
- Do students make deliberate language, content, and media choices in order to convey their messages?
Go to SL.1.5 to see skills mastered prior to this.
Go to SL.3.5 to see the progression of related skills.