Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning target.
Unpacking the Standard: W.1.6
Student Friendly Learning Target: W.1.6
Visual Representation of Learning Target: W.1.6
- Digital tools
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
• By first grade, students will be comfortable and adept at basic computer skills, such as logging on, keyboarding, and using hand-held devices to engage with digital media.
• Students will continue exploring ways to use digital tools to produce and publish writing, both independently and in collaboration with their peers.
• How can I provide support to students in becoming increasingly comfortable and adept at basic computer skills?
• What guided projects and activities can provide opportunities for students to collaboratively produce and publish their writing?
• What benefits can result from students sharing their published writing, with both peers and a wider audience?
Go to W.K.6 to see skills mastered prior to this.
Go to W.2.6 to see the progression of related skills.