INTEGRATION IDEAS what's this
- Compound sentence
- Declarative Sentence
- Interrogative sentence
- Exclamatory Sentence
- Imperative Sentence
- Interrogative Sentence
- Simple Sentence
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Language skills are essential tools not only because they serve as the basis for future learning and citizenship but also because they enrich students’ lives.
- Shared language activities will support oral language development, vocabulary acquisition, writing skills, and speaking and listening standards across grade levels.
- Our goal is to create an environment in which students have the opportunity to share important ideas and events through speaking and listening to one another. This would include recognizing and expressing their own questions and thoughts in an appropriate manner as they occur throughout an activity.
- How does understanding and producing simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences strengthen language development?
- Do students express their own knowledge and ideas in an appropriate manner using complete sentences?
- What additional instructional support can be provided for students who struggle with producing complete sentences appropriate to task and situation?
Go to SL.K.6 to see skills mastered prior to this.
Go to SL.2.6 to see the progression of related skills.