Click here to learn about the process used to unpack the standards and create learning targets.
Unpacking the Standard: SL.1.2
Student Friendly Learning Target: SL.1.2
Visual Representation of Learning Target: SL.1.2
- Crisis / Climax
- Key Details
- Main Idea
- Prior Knowledge
- Think Aloud
INTEGRATION IDEAS what's this
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Model the use of graphic organizers to establish key details about a topic. Link various details to show connections and/or a progression.
- Discuss figures, diagrams, and explanatory illustrations from informative texts. Ask and answer questions related to illustrations.
- Practice supportive question and answer activities across the curriculum.
- Model asking about details during presentations across varied media.
- Construct a Questioning Poster that demonstrates different types of questioning, such as "asking about details", "asking for clarification", "asking for more information"
- How can I prompt my quiet or shy students to discuss key details or to ask questions frequently?
- How can I observe comprehension or understanding through subtle or informal questioning?
- What supporting tools can I use to help my students organize their own thoughts?
- How do I foster an inquisitive environment that supports and validates students' questions and answers?
Go to SL.K.2 to see skills mastered prior to this.
Go to SL.2.2 to see the progression of related skills.