UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD what's this
- Authors write text and illustrators create pictures that work together to transmit information to the reader.
- A reader creates a mental image from written text based on their own life experiences.
- Illustrations enhance a reader’s understanding of the information that an author intends to convey.
- Illustrations enable a reader to compare their own mental images formed while reading with the images used by an author to illustrate their ideas.
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- What is the effect of words and illustrations on a reader?
- What are the different purposes served by words and illustrations?
Go to RI.K.6 to see skills mastered prior to this.
Go to RI.2.6 to see the progression of related skills.