INTEGRATION IDEAS what's this
QUESTIONS TO FOCUS INSTRUCTION what's this
- Provide opportunities and tools for students to see and use written language for a variety of purposes while drawing attention to specific letters and words.
- Oral communication skills are built within a language-rich environment. Good communicators seek out opportunities to learn and use new words that build and enhance their oral language skills.
- Students explore new words through reading and writing experiences and encounter/learn vocabulary modeled in conversations and texts.
- Students should be encouraged to explore the use of word selection, context, and word structures in learning new vocabulary.
- With guidance and support from adults, can students sort words, define words by category, and by one or more key attributes?
- Can students identify real life connections between words and their use?
- Can students demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings?
Go to L.K.5 to see skills mastered prior to this.
Go to L.2.5 to see the progression of related skills.